Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Drought ?

It has rained every day since my birthday last week. I distinctly remember driving back from Rye in appalling conditions and they haven't stopped since - it's like Armageddon! My water butt is overflowing, the grass is growing and I can't cut it, I have only walked the dog three times in the last week (and am being punished for that - she can be one sulky bitch when she wants to be!), and I am eating far too much because I am spending too much time inside!

There has been the odd sunny spell in between all the water, but really it's just been torrential for a week. (In my optimism on Saturday I hung washing on the line in a half hour break in the rain, - ha ha - It's still there!!!!!)- Oh well can't say we don't need it - Loved the fact that I got a letter from Thames Water yesterday about the drought- the poor postman (who had to ring the bell to get me to take in a parcel) looked like he was drowning!

I did manage to get to Ford market in Sussex on Sunday. There is a brilliant butcher there, and because the weather was pretty bad he was giving away some good deals. He does sell really good meat - all in £10 and £20 bags so you need some freezer room, but it's well worth the trip. Other than that a lot of the stalls hadn't even bothered showing up, the weather was that bad! Still got what i needed, a freezer of meat, and some tupperware cereal container thingys to put my bread-making flour in. So I was happy!

When I got back I had a chance to phone my Uncle in Oz (2p a minute with 18866.com) as it's his birthday today, so I wanted to catch up and wish him a Happy One and all that. We were on the phone for ages - (lucky it was cheap) - isn't it amazing that it doesn't matter how long you spend apart, when you are family, or good friends you just slip right back into nattering as if you'd talked last week. Only thing is I can't give him a proper hug - but I know he knows I want to!

Yesterday, I worked!! - Oh yes, really!! I managed to (finally) get hold of the tax office to confirm that the tax return has been received (bloomin' software had a seizure in the middle - although I think the problem was with their end rather than mine), and sorted out the cash-flow, and invoices and all that admin type stuff. So, at least that's done for a week or so!

Oh my, the sun's out - wonder if I could risk a walk?????!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - I was just about to post something very similar about the drought (i.e. WHAT drought) on my blog! I arrived home a couple of days ago having spent all day at work watching the torrential rain (oh - I did do some work too!) to find the letter from thames water waiting for me. I just laughed. We have 2 water butts which are overflowing now and, like you, can't cut the grass as it's so wet - but growing like mad!!!!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis