Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend

I didn't go to the Angel Yarns open day that was this weekend - so possibly everyone else's blog will be far more interesting than mine!!!! - I know I have no will-power and just at the moment pennies won't quite stretch to yarn stash that I don't actually need!!!!!! - I will be there next time though - especially now I have seen some of the photos!!!

On Saturday we did venture out to a countryman's game fair in Sussex. It was a really hot day - and we took both dogs. Met J&S there and wandered around the fair in awe of the old trades that are still alive if you look! There were demonstrations on several types of working dogs, ferreting, falconry, heavy horses (although we missed them!) and some mad axeman! There were also stickmakers, spinners (yay I did get some wool feeling in!) basketmakers, wood-turners. . . . and loads more that I can't remember. There were also the obligatory, far too expensive, food outlets! Loads of people had taken their dogs, and it was good to see that the organisers had put out plenty of water bowls for them around the grounds, so we encountered every kind of spaniel, terrier, hound, and retriever! Most far better behaved than mine!

Yesterday, was therefore a recovery day - It's amazing how tired you get having been out in the fresh air and heat all day. (Well I do anyway!) So I lazed in the garden drinking tea, and reading the Voyage of the Dawn Treader (I'm working my way through the Chronicles of Narnia - again!)

I have finished my hoodie - which has morphed into a sleeveless top - as when I tried it on for OH to comment on length - he decided it looked really good as it was - with no sleeves - so there it is! and as there were no seams - it was instantly finished! - YAY!- Piccies when I have someone to take one of me, 'cos I'm not faffing about with all that self-timing nonsense again! All my current WIP's are now finished, so I need to root through my stash and decide what to make next! hmmmmm not sure if I'm in that kind of a decision making mood today - so it will probably end up being socks!

Thanks to all the millions of traders who commented on my last post (you useless lot), but I don't need you any more anyway (nerrr!)- in hindsight I KNOW I was right, 'cos I'd have lost loads if I'd stayed in the trade! and thank you to the knitters who did comment - I was grateful for your input - especially as it made your head hurt!

Have a nice week everyone x

2 comments:

  1. Your day out sound lovely just like my type of thing. I never went to AY open day either because it's at the wrong end of the country to start with!! Looking forward to seeing the sleeveles hoody!
    Wow all finshed WIP's..how you do that then??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The AY day was fun - you should come next time! And the idea of leaving the hoodie sleeveless sounds good to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis