Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nothing much to report

The weekend was really special though - we had a ball! My DN is the sunniest little lad, a real pleasure to be with - keeping everyone on their toes and trying to make sure we all get a chance to play! - I had the dubious honour of being "got" by the water pistol (so did his mum but hers didn't work so well, I got soaked, she got a few drips!) but for me the best bit was he and I dancing on our bums (Well OK just wriggling really, but we called it dancing!) to Ray Charles "I gotta woman" - DN even managed to get the Oh Yeah's in the right place and he's only 2 1/2!!! Special!

Since then not much has been happening. I am crafting a few little bits, but can't write about that as my spoilee may read my blog. Other than that it is really too hot to do too much. The house is a bit of a mess even by my lax standards , and the garden is just a shame - all the grass is dead, the flowerbeds dry and empty (except for weeds which even seem to survive this weather) and even the dog is pretty quiet! It did rain for about a minute and a half last night - I got all excited and ran out and stood in the garden in it! - but it didn't last, and today is as hot as ever. We are expecting a break in it today I think, so hopefully I will later be walking the dog in the rain! I am also hoping to make some rum and raisin ice cream this afternoon for my OH as it's his favourite and he deserves spoiling - raisins are soaking in rum as we speak!!!

4 comments:

  1. Homemade icecream is scrummy. You have to post a photo of the icecream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:20 pm

    i really don't know why i'm here and you're there - it's raining again today!! (will call u 4 a chat soon xxx) sis xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it was a very special fun weekend. Rum/Rais Ice cream!!??? send me some..my fav

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of the wiggle bum dance. Get them on good music when they're young - there's never any excuse for ainging Barney the sodding dinosaur songs. My small one is the same age as your DN and she walks round singing son of a preacher man!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis