Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Whooo Hoooo It's Raining. . . .

. . . . I mean proper growed up rain in big drops, that's lasted a hour so far with no sign of stopping! Yeeeeee HA!

I know you all think I'm mad, but in drought ridden Surrey, we haven't seen proper rain for ages. We've had the odd 20 second shower as the rain passes over on it's way to somewhere else, apparently scared of getting caught over Surrey, but not "proper" rain!!! I've missed it! - Yes I know, I'm a freak, but I've missed the way it makes the countryside smell so earthy and warm, and I've missed the way it's brings all the colours to life. I've missed the feel of rain on my face when I walk the dog, and the excuse to come in and have a nice hot, strong cup of coffee. I've missed gardening this summer as there has been no point with a hosepipe ban and an impending drought order, and I've missed cooking my own veggies. I have missed the rain!

7 comments:

  1. Not mad, unless I am too as I love the rain! I woke up this morning and just lay in bed listening to it beat against the windows - bliss! Plus my knitting muse has returned with this cooler weather so all in all, a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the rain but understand fully that it is needed!! Rainy weather depresses me and makes me miserable but like the piggy said the knitting muse returns..so it can't be all bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyonheart1:46 pm

    I love the fresh smell the rain brings, especially after a period of drought. Glad you're enjoying some well needed growed up stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rain too - it's been peeing it down here all week and the garden is now looking considerably healthier and happier for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. philo4:34 am

    Well you could send some of that beautiful rain to the dryest continent on earth...no need not to grow your veggies now...you just have to have the time to recycle all your water...I don't think that the weather is going to get any better eh?
    Still cool in Oz...10degs at night and 20 during the day...and thats cold!! What will the summer be like I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain is good... I just wish it would do it at night rather than during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been having a week of thunderstorms and rain too. I love the drama of it all - as long as I am safely tucked up inside and as long as it doesn't make the gutters overflow and flood the basement again.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis