Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Autumn here I come

OK so when I said I was only doing Christmas Knitting . . . . . . I Lied!!!!!!

This is my current project....... (sorry about the flash but it's dark already!)


Here is my first attempt at the body, which I think is going to be undone!! The reason being that I decided in my wisdom to knit it all in one piece, left front/back/right front, so that I wouldn't have to seam the sides (lazy....... Me?? ..... never!!) BUT, I think the stripes are coming out too narrow and losing their subtlety (not that there is much subtle about these colours!), but as you can see from the narrower sleeve knitted below the colours do blend into each other a little more gently in wider blocks.



What do you think (again apologies for the flash!)

I also have one and a half boot socks done - photos probably tomorrow! And have weeded a flower bed, walked the dog loads, cut my grass, and generally got into the swing of things again. I am now waiting for a chicken leg to roast, whilst putting bread on to be ready in the morning, and catching up on some blogging which my dear sister has pointed out has been neglected! - That's because the temperature down here has finally dropped low enough to want to do stuff!!!!!! and do stuff I will!!!

4 comments:

  1. The jumper is going to be amazing. I think the wider stripes really will look better... and sewing up isn't that bad :)

    Glad you are feeling alive and with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyonheart11:08 pm

    Gosh, you must have all of my energy lol! Glad you're feeling so up and at 'em. I loved the stripey version of your cardi but you must decide how you want it to look. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:01 am

    looks great, really love the sleeve type stripes, glad you are doing all the experimenting so I can be up and going!!!!!!! actually managed to match the fronts of Eliose pretty well, more luck thank judgement me thinks.
    M XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 am

    i feel really autumny too - but then it's cooler and grey up here. think the jumper looks great but i can't visualise how the stripes will look over the whole jumper - one reason i don't knit i suppose!! sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis