Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Family Tree and Christmas Knitting


Anyone wanting "in progress" knitting pics is going to go a bit short now, as I have started the dreaded Christmas presents, and as some - if not all - recipients read my blog, I can't post any photies! - ahhhh!! I dare say I will be knitting stuff for me in between, so there will be the odd picture here and there, but other than that you will have to make do with gratuitous pictures of my pooch!!!!


Other than knitting I have been updating the family tree again! For those of you that are not members of my family, (that would actually be most of you I think!) I am the Keeper of the Young Family Tree. When I say "Young" that isn't the eighth of it!!!! LOL I go back four generations and off in all directions from both Mum and Dad's side, so it's a pretty busy tree. I am also in regular contact with Mum and Dad's cousins (and their children and grandchildren!) from all sides as well as obviously my own cousins - so it is HUGE! (Around 450 individuals!), so when I get around to updating it, it takes a while!!! I have found that the newest version of Family Tree Maker is linked in with the site Ancestry.co.uk which has searches available for 1841 through 1901 censuses, plus indexes of births marriages and deaths from 1837 pretty much up to date, as well as a few other parish records etc. So when you load your family tree in, it automatically searches for any appropriate records. How easy is that?! Obviously you have to pay to have access to the records if you want to actually look at the scans of census images and stuff, but just to know it's there is great and has started me on even longer sessions of generation finding!

3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see Spot!

    My sister did some research into our family tree which was really interesting - sadly I have no long lost rich relatives who are going to leave me an inheritance though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think you will be the only one not able to show their knitting for a while. Mine, for one, is all gifts at the moment too.

    I spent some time at the Mormon Family History place here in SLC a while back (before it was computerised) I found out some interesting stuff about my family tree, but got quite sea sick from watching the microfiche whizz by on the viewer. Glad we dont have to do that anymore, but it was interesting trying to decipher the handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Spot, so no complaints of gratuitous pictures from me!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis