Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Does anyone have good fish recipes?

Tonight I'm making cheat's fish pie. 2 smoked mackeral fillets, mashed with cooked leeks and some creme fraiche, topped with mashed potato & sweet potato, and popped in the oven for 20 mins. It's lovely!

BUT. . . . .

It's really one of my only "oily" fish recipes! So does anyone out there have a good dinner recipe for oily fish!!! (I'm trying to up my omega 3 intake as my brain needs all the help it can get!)

Come on. . . . don't be shy!

4 comments:

  1. yumm! that sound delicious.

    Does salmon count?

    Our favourite recipe is salmon fillet done in foil in the oven for 15-20 minutes. I lay the fish on a square of foil with the edges turned up, and then put a chopped up spring onion, some grated ginger, a splash of lemon juice and a splosh (slightly bigger than a splash!) of soya sauce on it. I then wrap the foil up into a parcel and put it in the oven for 20 mins or so at 350 F (I don't know what that is in C or gas marks) Sometimes I cut the fish into individual portions and wrap each separately. Sometimes I sprinkle Chinese 5-spice powder on instead of the ginger if i don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:06 am

    nigel does one i do it with mackerel, just put the fish in a small dish, put some olive oil on it, thyme and garlic in it an on it and a lemon, you put it in the oven uncovered, it doesn't take long to cook, it's really nice. good with dauphinoise tatties..... sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help I'm afraid, but I have some mackerel filets so am very tempted by your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!

    I rang Stash and went to see them today - they're very interested! It's my DREAM job, thanks for telling me about it. I will hear tomorrow whether I have it.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis