Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

ARGHHH Upgrades!

I have finally upgraded to Blogger Beta - and I now have to re-learn all the html that I learnt before 'cos it's all different now!

We have upgraded from templates to layouts (no idea what the difference is except they're harder to work out!) and we now have widgets! - I thought a widget was a little plastic doo-hickey in a can of beer that made it fizz like draught, but apparently now it's also a geek-term!!! - And I don't think I really understand them!

Still, for the moment the blog is complete and legible, and it looks quite nice! My old template no longer allowed me to put a photo in the header - which I liked. So I changed to one of the new layouts, which was in a really atrocious colour scheme, but did allow the header photo. I have finally sorted all the colours out so they're quite similar to the old ones. But if anyone finds anything out of place then do let me know!

I'd like to say a HUGE thanks for all the comments on my 11 Nov post so far, At this point there's about £60 for the Everyman charity (a few more comments than that but some have posted twice to get the Christmas message in and double the contribution!) But don't stop yet - You can keep commenting right up until Christmas Eve! I know some people made a huge effort to comment - Aknita finally logged into blogger, and a few other people came out of the woodwork! - Have to say that so far, my biggest surprise is Eric the Lurker (I mean that in the nicest way!) I didn't know I really had any lurkers but thank you soooo much for revealing yourself for this very worthy cause, and I do hope you continue to lurk, and that you enjoy what you read here! Needless to say my blogroll is growing daily as I am finding new blog pals through this, I am trying to get round to thank you all, but please forgive me if I don't get to you. I am grateful and am really loving the comments! Some of the Christmas ones are very inventive and I am already singing carols in my head as these comments start off that non-stop brain jukebox that we all have.

As an added bonus and a favour to me, I'd love it if all you lovely ladies that commented would send one man from your life over to that Everyman website. Raising money is only one part of the issue, Raising Awareness is the other. . . . and you never know,. . . . between us we may save one life and wouldn't that be amazing?!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:09 pm

    hi lovely. it looks good. but you know you can't read the words in your header piccy? although spotley looks cute so maybe it doesn't matter....!!! keep up the good work, then you can teach it all to me, ha ha! sis xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so typical of you! - I tried for ages to sort it out but although the font colour for the header is variable - it isn't variating!!!!! and I thought no-one would really notice. . . . . . hmmmmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. natalie5:36 pm

    I completely agree about raising awareness, especially for the men in our lives. They chivvy us to go to the Doc when we are poorly, but do they go themselves? Nope.
    Well done on your fundraising, it's a superb total.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot looks so cool in the header! The new format is looking good, and am in awe at your techo bravery - I'm still too much of chicken to mess with the Parlour just yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your header! So are you coming to our housewarming? I don't even know where you live - maybe a million miles away - but would love to meet you :-D could you email me on dianemulholland [AT] gmail [DOT] com

    And well done on the donations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my blog hardly changed when I moved over to blogger beta! I wonder if I've done it right???

    the header looks great though, spot is very cute:-) and hope you get used to the new format soon;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good ;)
    I haven't had the guts to change mine yet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to see you've taken the plunge noo...had to be done sometime...now you can play around with a whole bunch of new stuff...gee that sis is picky...where is her blog I want to know.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog looks great. I find the new beta blogger so much easier to use, but then I haven't got a clue about html.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis