Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Make a house a home!

You know sometimes how you just have to spend some time remembering why you love your home and enjoying menial tasks that make it more special? Well, yesterday was one of those days.!! I bought some beeswax from eBay, melted it and added some linseed oil to make a wonderful polish for my wooden doors! It was really hard work, but so worthwhile! and therepeutic in a way! - My house smells divine now - all warm and waxy!!!, a bit like our school used to smell just before the summer holidays when we all had to wax our wooden desks before moving classrooms! Only trouble is that now I need to do the rest (I only managed 2 in about 3 hours!)


Meanwhile, I was also making cheese!! - No photos cos it's busy setting at the moment! but it was fun, and another thing helped me enjoy my home and that thing of creating something "real".


Finally, I couldn't not put up another photo of Spot - she obviously had a hard day too (or do you think she had nicked my beer while I wasn't looking!??) - She is fast asleep and snoring!!!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 pm

    Your door is fantastic, dog is a tart, and I can't wait to taste the cheese.
    M
    XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making cheese!? Is there no end to your talents? The door looks superb and Spot is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the risk of sounding like an echo... making cheese!? wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silvia7:09 pm

    Okay another Echo...Making Cheese!!! May goodness is there something you cannot do? The doors look terrific..I want some of those....but without the work!!
    Spot is just the cutes..I know I keep saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. god i'd forgotten we used to do that at school! what on earth did the fees pay for? we had to everything!!! surprised they never tied brushes to our ar$es..... anyhoo, hope you'll be bringing the cheese north with you??? v impressed sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the door looks fabulous, the cheese sounds divine (reminds to start making the Indian version again, called Paneer) and Spot looks very cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The door looks fab. And Spot so funny ;) Ooo, can I come round to your's for cheese on toast then!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:22 am

    What a wonderful bounty of aromas hit my nose...wax on wood...cheese setting...ummm not sure about the spot aroma...no tart, just comfortable being who she is and safe at home to be it.....p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of Spot! Why do dogs like lying on their backs? Both my dogs love reclining like this!
    I'm really impressed at the cheese making and I can almost smell those gorgeous aromas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The doors look well worth the work.....you deserve a big 'Atta girl'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The doors look so wonderful and rustic which kind of goes with the cheesemaking. Fantastic to be doing things like that. I'm envious and Spot looks, well, kind of laid back. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a very productive day, poor spot has obviously worked hard, she's shattered;-)
    How was the cheese then???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking at spot you`d think she was the one who had put in the hard work to make those doors look so good

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, making cheese? I am so impressed! I watched the process of goat cheese once on Martha Stewart and decided I wanted to give it a try but my husband wouldn't let me get any goats! And your doors are gorgous.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis