Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas from Newland's Corner

Well, we have not been walking too much this week. . . a) because it has been really foggy (and having a white-ish dog who runs off into the fog doesn't bode well for my state of nerves at this time of the year!) and b) because I have been a little busy putting finishing touches to "stuff". But today OH and I decided that we should get her out as she is going in kennels tomorrow for a couple of days while I visit my sister. So off we went, headlights on, and wrapped up to the gills!


Well, blow me down with a feather, when we got there the sun was out, and Christmas had surely come early. . . . . . .

(this first picture is worth clicking on to get the bigger version, as it is quite weird how the ice has settled on only one side of the branches!)







They are not the best photos in the world as they were only taken on my phone - amazingly it didn't occur to me to take a camera for a walk on a day when I can't see the end of my garden!!!!! But I think they convey how totally stunning the scene was, and how my darling OH and I just had to keep stopping to look in awe at the majesty and beauty that is nature.

I think these photos lead well into me wishing each and every one of you a wonderful holiday, filled with Love, Laughter and Peace.

I'll be back after Christmas!

14 comments:

  1. wishing you and your family a very happy christmas and new year. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning piccies.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

    K.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:49 pm

    wow that's pretty cool. don't expect it to be so pretty up here! i think the word is 'dreich'....sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - they are stunning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful christmas noo!!!
    see you next year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:53 pm

    stunning piccies, it's that wonderful Queen of nature again with her lacy curtains and icy fingertips. See you up the road!!!!!!
    M
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures - Mother Nature is just wonderful.

    And a very merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silvia7:50 pm

    Isn't it all just stunning??!! Chuffing marvelous
    Have a Great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. knittingladybird10:04 pm

    Those photos are just beautiful.
    Hope you have a happy christmas Noo!

    Linz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing pictures...a fairyland...or is it the ice queen?
    Like the tasmanian sw in winter...but very weird when I checked up on the bbc news to see heathrow fog bound...must have been special magic for you...a wonderful family time in bonnie the noo....pm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful pictures Noo. Have a wonderful time with your family. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And a very Happy Christmas and Wonderful New Year to you too, my dear Noo :) Absolutely gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Icy!

    Merry Christmas to you and Spot!!
    Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pics look amazing!!
    Hope you had a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis