Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Perfectamundo!


Well, what can I say? The Panto was FAB!!!!
I haven't been to a pantomime since I was a very, very small girl, and it must be said that I was a little sceptical. I thought it would all be a bit "too" much!!! But as "The Fonz" was appearing I decided it was worth the risk, as you just don't get the oppotunity to see someone like that very often!
We went to the matinee because timing wise it worked better for us - There were loads of school trips in, so again I had a bit of an "Oh No" moment! - But I have to say I haven't laughed so hard in a long long time. Both OH and I had proper belly ache in the interval from laughing too much. The children made it special too - there was an awful lot of boo-ing, hissing and out and out screaming going on!! Henry Winkler was awesome! It was great to see someone with so much personality on the stage and although "The Fonz" was only another character for him, it was fun to see little bits of him come out througout the show - little sayings or movements, (or the infamous hip swivel!). It was COOL!!!! (And if anyone out there is as much of a sucker for accents as I am, then this man's voice is gorgeous!!!!) It must also be said that Bobby Davro did a sterling job of keeping the audience entertained. He played Smee, and obviously as a seasoned panto pro, his job was the in-filling when the sets were being changed, - songs, dance, jokes, and plenty of nonsense (including a variation on the Twelve days of Christmas and Supersoakers!!!). He did an excellent job of keeping the momentum up. Peter Pan was played by a young lady who is apparently on CBeebies - I hadn't heard of her, but she did really really well, as did the rest of the cast. They all worked really, really hard, and to say that they only had a 2 hour break before they had to do it all again. . . . . . .
I have to say that although I was a little sceptical, I would certainly make Panto a Christmas tradition in this house. Fabuloso!!!!


7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time!!!! I love panto, but its years since I've been:-( wonder if I can convince dh to take me before christmas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:41 pm

    sounds so good. of course i know exactly who sarah-jane is! i expect she'd be great in panto actually....(oh no she isn't, oh yes she is!) sis xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect traditional panto. Wonder what Henry Winkler thought of the genre as panto has not crossed to this side of the pond. He looks great as Captain Hook in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great fun, I've not been to a panto in a long while either. Still, I'll be able to take my kids in a year or two, what a good excuse to drag DH along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. knittingladybird10:50 pm

    i like panto too..i've seen cinderella (with jim davidson as buttons....the kids didn't go to that one lol) calamity jane...aladdin...and more, all at the alambra in bradford!

    But the best one i ever went to, was when i was 7....ken dodd and the diddy men were in it (can't actually remember what it was) but everyone needs to revisit the panto and let out their inner child...HE'S BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!! lol

    Linz (:i:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silvia8:34 pm

    Tag your it!! Come over to read what it is about.
    I love the Fonz I was sure he'd marry me if we ever meet!! Alas he has missed out on that pleasure...lolol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silvia8:35 pm

    Tag your it!! Come over to read what it is about.
    I love the Fonz I was sure he'd marry me if we ever meet!! Alas he has missed out on that pleasure...lolol

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis