Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

How to preserve a husband

Be careful in your selection; do not choose too young and take only such as have been reared in good moral atmosphere. Some wives insist on keeping husbands in a pickle, while others put them in hot water. This only makes them sour, hard and bitter. Even poor varieties can be made sweet and good by garnishing them with patience, well sweetened with smiles and flavoured with kisses to taste. Keep warm in a steady fire of domestic devotion and serve with peaches and cream. When thus preserved they will keep for years.

(by Carla Emery, from the Encyclopedia of Country Living )

Happy Valentine's day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 am

    Happy I love you day Sweetheart.
    M&D
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Auntie Noo! Thanks for the comment about the sock yarn, who do you knit the Opal socks for if they are utility? :)

    Do you have any scraps of Lornas Laces? I would swap for a bit of STR in Rocktober, if you'd like :)

    Have a lovely Valentine's Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quote!

    The brown chunky was only 2p per gram so not an expensive stash enhancement & Coldspring don't charge the earth in postage - not that I'm an enabler of course[vbg]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    And a big hello (if a little late, sorry) to the chickens! Their new home looks splendid and I'm sure they'll be very happy there with Spot to keep guard over them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quote Noo! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quote, and very true. I did pick mine early, but luckily it was worth the risk - couldn't have anyone else jumping in and nabbing him!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quote!!! I picked mine late!! and still going strong 22 yrs later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so true - BTW I will take some more photos of Attleborough so that you can see where your cousins live.

    If I knew the road I could even take a photo of the road.

    The town is quite spread out - the area I featured was the town centre

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis