Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Serendipity

Serendipity
(Blog-along Post for February 2007)

According to http://www.dictionary.com/. Serendipity is an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. I had to look it up, because I tend to think of serendipity and “Lady Fate” as being the same thing, but as fate is described thus “that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny”, then serendipity has the advantage of our intervention of making the discovery, as opposed to it just happening that way!!

Anyway, I digress!! I have had absolutely no inspiration for this blog-along whatsoever. I mean I have made decisions and discoveries in my life, and I’ve stuck with them and made them work, because I believed them to be right at the time, that’s just the kind of girl I am. But I don’t know that I specifically made a decision or discovery which would be considered to be desirable, and certainly none that were by accident!! – I mean there are the obvious ones – the accidental discovery of the person who will become your partner, (because let’s face it you don’t ever go out with the distinct intention of finding the love or your dreams do you??!), music you love, hobbies, pets, all these things that make up your life, are to a certain extent, serendipitous . So here I was with not a lot in the way of inspiration for my blog……..

Then, this morning, my doorbell rang, and there was a (slightly bedraggled) postman, offering a rather large package (and it must be said a whole bundle of junk mail!) The bundle went straight into the recycler, which stands on the front door step, and I rushed in to devour the package. – I hadn’t ordered anything. . . and it’s not my birthday for a little while yet, so I was confused.

When I opened my package, I was stunned beyond belief. It was full of card-making nibbles from a fellow crafter and blog – reader. (I’m not going to identify you because I don’t think that’s what you’d want – but feel free to admit to it in the comments if you want!) This amazing friend had taken time out to send me an envelope full of different embellishments, some glitter, some brads, loads of backing paper for teabag folding, a handmade card and a hand-made string bag for my groceries. I really couldn’t believe it! I feel so honoured and touched that someone that I have never met would take the time and trouble to sort through her precious stash to send me a very large selection of things to try in my quest to find even more crafts to take me away from housework!!!

So Serendipity was the decision to re-start knitting a few years ago, which led to the discovery of a forum, which led me to start blogging, which led me to a new forum, which has inspired me to start new crafts. . . . all of which have brought me the most precious gift in life. . . . . . new friends!



Here is my part of the bargain, with love, and gratitude for making my day!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! Cheers to your friend for making it possible, and for reminding us how meaningful those "random acts of kindness" can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely story. I look forward to seeing pictures of the things you make from your lucky parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, what a kind friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:29 pm

    Oh Clairey, what a lovely friend. I know that you deserve such friends I am sure this person does too that is why you recieved your wonderful surprise. My love and thanks to this person too for caring for you.
    M
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. A wonderful post. thank you so much for your visit. We have now reached our 100 comment target.
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise! The warmth of some people never ceases to amaze me.
    Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so lucky to have friends we may never meet but still care enough to support us when needed and surprise us with gifts when least expected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely friend you have! It's so nice to receive surprise parcels in the post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noo, you bring me to tears again (but nice tears, of happiness, friendship and faith in the inherent goodness of folk). Thank you for lighting the candle and taking a moment out.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis