Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Saturday, March 17, 2007

All Set!

I walked into town this morning. I should have photographed the journey à la Lottie, but forgot my camera, and by the time I'd remembered it was too late to come back.


So, I'm afraid you have to be happy with pictures of my booty! - Now I had a minor dilemma because I am doing really well on my Lent promise of not wasting money on things I don't need (and was consequently able to donate to comic relief last night, whilst crying onto my dinner!) But I do really want to sort out my vegetable plot, and a veggie plot without vegetables is pretty useless...... so when I spotted that Woolworths are doing buy one get one free on seeds, and half price on other garden bits, I couldn't resist.

So here we have 2 asparagus crowns, and seeds for runner beans, swede, leeks, butternut squash, courgette and carrot, and 8 Dahlia bulbs which I will plant in a patio pot.

Whilst out in the greenhouse I also snapped my seed progress:-



Left at the top are the rockets seeds which are showing nicely, on the right up there with the little grassy looking leaves, is spinach, which has only just begun to show in the last day or so, and the bottom is mixed lettuce. Not very exciting yet as they're only seed leaves, but I'm chuffed as the seeds were old, but it's great to see them doing their thing! - Just hope that the snow that they are forecasting tomorrow, which I must say judging by today's glorious sunshine does feel a tad unlikely, doesn't do them any damage!

11 comments:

  1. A woman after my own heart! If the girls are with me and see me heading to plants, seeds or garden stuff they steer me away. Can't think why!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had avegetable plot, I just don't have the time to maintain it though!!!! I have enough trouble with my two cordelines and the bedding plants I usually put around them in the summer. I have got a rosemary which is lovely and big, obviously very hardy, as its the only herb I've managed to sustain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I wondered what we were getting when you said pics of your 'booty' :0

    You sound like a rather accomplished gardener. I'm keen but basically rubbish, lol! I was rather chuffed today though to see that my raspbery cane has survived the winter and come into bud again.

    Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your planting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Nothing like the veg and fruit you grow yourself. A lovely selection too. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had decent soil to grow things in, but my mixture of builder's rubble and clay is a nightmare to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your 'babies' have survived the change of weather:( There's a stunning magnolia not far from my house and I was so upset to see today what the wind has done to all the blossom ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had snow last night :( Good to see things starting off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put me to shame! Our veggie seeds are still in their little packets and they should be sprouting like yours!
    We tried courgettes for the first time last year and I was really pleased, so good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful haul - we don't have a vegetable plot, I so wish we did. I can imagine nothing more satisfying than eating something I had grown myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I may end up posting twice but blogger seems to have eaten my comment! Well done on getting so organised, I still have to sort out what I'm going to grow. Maybe protect your seedlings with some fleece in case of snow?

    ReplyDelete
  11. great haul there, I have never grown asparagus, something on my to get list, maybe next year as I now have proper beds in the plot, there is nothing better than watching new growth

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis