Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Apparently, I have a job!!

I start on Monday for three mornings a week!!!

I wasn't looking for a job (well come on that's not a surprise is it?) but an old friend phoned me saying that a local company were looking for someone to do their books and admin work and were basically struggling to keep up with all the office paperwork..... well that's what I'm good at!!!! so a few phone calls were made and there you have it - I'm employed!!


To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about it (how ungrateful is that!!) It's been a long time since I've had to fit in with the discipline of an office..... and I'll miss Spot loads!! But I think it'll be good for me for a while, and it's only for a three month trial, so I don't suppose it'll kill me!!!


Mind you I have now realised I have no decent clothes (can you turn up for your first day at work wearing what you walked the dog in last week??) and no shoes... thank God for eBay is all I can say!!!!! I have a bid on just about every size 10 blouse that is listed at the moment!!!! LOL! Going back to work is going to cost me a fortune!



Onto other things:- Lookie what I have finished....


Not a great photo as I had to turn off the flash to take the picture in the mirror, and then I couldn't hold the camera still enough. But you get the gist!!! It's not properly blocked, because I finished it, and then put it on and it hasn't come off since - it's a lovely colour, and just the right kind of cardi for this slight breeze we seem to still have in the air (I'm not complaining, I'd much rather a chill than hot and sultry any day)

In other news, the veggies are going great guns, and I had my first helping of runner beans at the weekend (with lamb chops and jersey royal potatoes, perfect) they were delicious. The corn has also started sprouting cobs (so sweet to look at) and something is eating my strawberries as soon as they ripen (I did catch Spot with one, but I don't think she's responsible for all of them disappearing!) There will be courgettes at the weekend too, just need a couple more days!

Well that's us all caught up folks. Have a good week.

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job and with the outfit hunting. Can't believe you have fresh runner beans already..mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops hit that publish button by accident....was also going to say....with lamb chops and jerseys!!!...can I come to dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the job, I expect it will be wierd for a while but routines don't take long to get back into! I like the red cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Cardigan!

    Good Luck in the new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cardigan. I enjoy reading your blog so much I add you to my bloglines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to work is expensive isn't it. I hope to get a job in the autumn now that our green card is finally getting processed so I will be in the same boat - nothing decent to wear after nearly three years of slobbing around at home!

    Good luck with your job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with the job! Your garden sounds like it's going great. Pics when you have time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done with the new job noo!!! I hope you're going to treat yourself with your first pay packet:-)
    I keep pestering my dad to see when he's going to have some veg ready at the allotment, only beetroot so far!! I have one strawberry through on my strawberry plant, just waiting for it to ripen.Its not the birds eating the strawberries is it??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the job! Good luck with it all. Seriously, if you want some size 10 blouses, email me, I bought them to wear at work but it's all fairly casual there so I don't use them. I would rather they went to a good home than languish here. They're all a bit bright, but you never know! And I won't be offended if you say no :D blog@acrylik.co.uk

    I *love* the cardi - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cardi...and a perfect fit. Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best jobs are the ones that find you, not the other way round, good luck with it. Love this cardi too, beautiful fit & colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations with the job Noo! Your cardy looks stunning, great colour. Re the strawbs: its probably the birds (blackbirds love them!). Try putting some netting over them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Noo - I'm so pleased about the job.

    Your cardy is lovely - I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cardi is stunning, no wonder you don't want to take it off!
    Good luck with the job too. And the clothes hunt!
    How have you got beans already?! Mine haven't even flowered yet, but thats in the frozen North! And as for courgettes.....!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope that you enjoy the job. You're in a good position that if you don't enjoy it you are under no pressure to carry on.

    Cardy looks great. Love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! And I love the cardi too - you have that to wear to work at least :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. good luck with the job, and you do have plenty of nice knits to wear, just look at the lovely red cardigan you've just finished!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis