Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Made It

Well I'm still alive!!!! - and not only that, but I can actually still move this morning, which is quite unexpected!!!

I finished the 5km raceforlife yesterday in 38 minutes. My dear friend Sue finished in 44mins... so we are both somewhat proud of ourselves.



It was an emotional day, and I can't really express how I feel about it all. Whilst I was getting into my tracksuit in the morning, I left the blank dedication page downstairs, and said to MrNoo that I didn't really know who/what to put on it...... When I came back down, he had written this on a scrap of paper:-

All in the sky at night is dark
But all int he sky by day is bright
Let's all run for a brighter day
Love is seeing you all

My dedication is for a brighter day.....








BEFORE THE RACE:-



WE'VE STARTED:-


I MADE IT! (just)

FANCY IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR THEN???

SUE's DEDICATIONS

Thank you all so much for your support, your sponsorships and all the little messages, which got me through the race!! In true "oscar" style I'd like to say a special thank you to Ruth - you were with me every step of the way. Piglottie, who's promise of "virtual homemade lemonade" got me through the last 2km's, and Terri who's auctions on the Crafty Threads'n'Yarns forum made "loadsa money" for me! I'm a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing at the moment, but Sue and I have already decided that we're on again next year!!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Well done Noo!!! Proud of ya;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Claire, I'm proud of you too!

    I have just blogged about "my" race this morning, and am off to virtually join you in some knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Have a long hot bath & enjoy a bottle of cold beer you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so proud of you hun! Well done to both you and Sue, and all the other runners. Glad the lemonade helped ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!!!And 38 minutes...that's a fabulous time. Three cheers for you!
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stars you all are! Well done. Mr Noo's dedication was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! You look so beautiful too - even when you're 'glowing' at the end! Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! All that hard work and training, so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done! i think you did brilliantly and it's good to see the photos. you never know i might just join you next year! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on completing the race, you did really well in that heat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, you were all fabulous finishing in our mini heat wave :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis