Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, July 08, 2007

I think I found the rest of the family....

Do you remember this little critter????








Well i think I just found the rest of his family! - I was transplanting my leeks this morning - something I've been meaning to do for a while, but what with the rain etc it hadn't been done. I thought I'd have time before the British Grand Prix starts - which renders me useless, as I must sit and watch it! I used the handle of my little trowel as a dibber - a bit big but the leeks had good root growth and I didn't want to spoil them. I made 6 holes to begin with at the rear of the winter veg plot. I planted the first leek..... and the second...... and as I went to drop the third leek in it's hole, I was gazed up at by the tiniest little mouse.!!!! - Must admit I jumped about a foot in the air. I now know why a) the trowl went in a little easier at the back of the plot than the front, and b) why there isn't a whole heap growing at the back! - There's an entire colony of mice dining on the roots of my veg! You gotta laugh!

12 comments:

  1. LOL But he's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, good job you didn't go in too hard with the trowel!!! Although a pest they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you do then? Just leave them there and plant nothing at the back??? it is very cute isn't it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a dilemma! I have no probs dispatching slugs and snails to their doom but ickle cutie meeces... noooooo!

    I hope your garden is big enough for it not to matter too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a colony at my allotment, under the raspberry bushes they have been stealing the strawberries and stashing them under there, I don't have the heart to get rid of them so will leave them and let them enjoy the feast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rather you than me. I hate mice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor veggies! Oh, but it is a cute little thing! I don't think it's a problem that I'm likely to have with Mr C about, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he does look sweet; like seahorse I've no problems with disposing of slugs and snails but I think I'd have to find a way of deterring the mice rather than harming them...I blame Mickey Mouse for making me love mice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've given you a Schmoozer award... see my garden blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well at least you know they are being well fed!!
    They look so cute don't they? I must admit I wouldn't have the heart to...you know what them!! I'm such a wuss!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, they know home-grown tastes nicer. It looks quite innocent & cute, are you going to 'do the deed' with him?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would have jumped a mile high lol! He looks so cute though.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis