Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Friday, November 16, 2007

It's a beautiful day

This morning we have woken up to the thickest frost, and brilliant sunshine. The sky is a cloudless winter blue, and it's enough in itself to put a great big smile on your face! We will be going out for a long walk in a little while, but in the meantime here is Spot first thing in the morning.
Then she came in to warm her tootsies by the radiator!
The sock yarn blanket is finished for now. At around 1 metre square it's plenty big enough for a newborn, so I've braided one end, and just put a row of double crochet along the other end, so I can easily unpick that later next year and make it bigger. With all this chilly weather I think my sister has more need of it now!!

Tomorrow I'm off to Swindon to meet some of the Crafty girls. A day of knitting and giggling I expect! Now that I've finished the blanket though I'm not sure what to take to knit!

Have a great weekend everyone. x

9 comments:

  1. so annoyed we're too coldy to come for a walk! if you're looking for stuff to knit i can give you a list ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot sure does look happy there and your blankie is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really beautiful this morning wasn't it :) The blanket is wonderful! And have fun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blanket, it didn't take you that long to do either did it:-)
    Have a lovely day tomorrow, and don't forget piccies, I like to put a face to a name:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Spot pics and that blanket is FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to use sock yarn - it is gorgeous.
    Love Spots pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sock yarn blanket - especialy as it is so random. Was lovely to meet you again on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Blanket looks terrific and Spot looks gorgeous as always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket is absolutely fantastic! I'm definitely going to have a go at something similar with all my odds and ends of sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis