Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bad Blogger!

I'm sorry it's been so long - did you miss me????

The tummy bug was swiftly followed by a cold, so i've been self-nurturing for a while! I am so rarely ill these days that it all caught me a little by surprise, but I'm definitely on the mend now, and to be honest it wasn't so bad. I'm really Lucky that I can rest up as soon as there's a sign of anything untoward and that coupled with a few gentle dog-walks to keep the fresh air around seem to send most germs on their way pretty quickly!

So did you all have a lovely Christmas and New Year? I did, i got some fabulous presents and we all had a really lovely Christmas day at my Mum & Dad's.

So now we are storming into 2008! I have finished my Sunday cardi and will post pics soon. it's not the best knit I've ever made, but it is fine for a house cardigan, which is what I wanted. I just need to find some buttons for it......

i have plenty of knitting plans for 2008.... a jumper (started last night) a hoodie or two, and some socks. Plus I really fancy having a go at a sock yarn Clapotis to wear as a scarf.

In other news, the rest of the family are fine! - Spot disgraced herself slightly over Christmas by squeezing through my Mum's wrought iron gate that keeps the pooches in the kitchen and away from the new baby nephew..... not once, but three times!!!!! i have no idea how she did it, I would say the bars are less than 12" apart, but she did..... I obviously need to feed her up a bit! the chooks are good too, but the rodent problem has become more of a "problem" as the cold weather has struck and the rodent population of Guildford seems to have heard that there's free board and lodging at Noo's!!!! - There are definite signs of rats as well as mice - and i have woken up this morning to find that a mole has dug his way across my garden ! GRRRRR! I hate to be cruel, but they will have to be dealt with now before the weather warms up. :( i want my garden back!!! - Oh and pigeons have eaten my entire purple broccoli bed while I was away for just 2 days at Christmas - absolutely scalped it!!!!! (I know I should have covered it, but it's easy to be clever in hindsight!)

I also have another part time job. Working from home (Yay!) and for people that I have known for many years and have worked with in the past, so all is good..... but it does mean a little less time for blogging and internet surfing. So please bear with me! There may be fewer comments on your blogs as I pay flying visits, but I will still be reading! (so no talking about me!)

Sorry there's no photos today - I've run out of battery!!!! (well my camera has, although that phrase probably does describe me these past few weeks!) but I will get some taken for the blog soon - honest!

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Im glad to read cold and tummy bug are gone. had daugter pretty sick here so know whats heading my way.
    Naughty Spot!!! LOL is all that excerise you give her mind it's good for the Lady's figure.
    R=Enjoy your work from home and I look forward to seeing some nice pictures of lots of FO's in 2008

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing the cardigan! Glad you're feeling better now too:-)
    I think my dad has rats at his allotment where his chucks are...... not quite the same if they are in your garden though. I remember once when I was younger, there were mice in our house, hiding behind the fire place, they used to come out of hiding overnight........until traps were laid for them that is:-0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to seeing the cardigan! Glad you're feeling better now too:-)
    I think my dad has rats at his allotment where his chucks are...... not quite the same if they are in your garden though. I remember once when I was younger, there were mice in our house, hiding behind the fire place, they used to come out of hiding overnight........until traps were laid for them that is:-0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! :)

    Nice to see you back, and recovered too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, noo!

    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hope you get the rodent problem sorted ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - it's been all go at your house - glad to hear you are on the mend and ready to do battle with mother nature!

    I'm sure the cardigan will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for your new job, it sounds ideal so I hope it all goes well. It is a pain with all the pests so Ihope you get rid of them OK! Look forward to seeing the cardi. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas (despite naughty Spot!) and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

    Seems like you're under attack a bit (*whispers* pigeon pie is quite nice....)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis