Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A night out and old friends.

Last night I went out to the Preston Cross hotel for a one off jazz night. They always have jazz on a Sunday afternoon, but it's not the most convenient time of day to give up, so a Friday night is perfect.

The reason I went is that the band playing (The fantabulous Sheepwash playboys) is made of (among others) two brothers, Richard and Russell Bennett who I have seen play for many years, but recently haven't toured the UK to the extent they used to. Consequently this is the first time I have seen them in well over 2 years..... and oh it was so good to see them again. The pair of them front the band playing trombone and trumpet - and it's a bit like watching a musical Morecambe and Wise show!!! I can't find any samples of music with both of them, but here is the kind of thing - featuring Richard Bennett on trumpet



I tend to forget how very much this music changes a day's mood! - I went out in a typical Friday mood, needing a bit of a pick-me-up and this was it. We chatted, laughed, sang, and jiggled!!!

..... and I'm still smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening out. I'm a real homebody, and sometimes forget how good a night out can actually be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little clip woke me up big time this morning! - thank you Clairey for reminding me what a good evening we had together xx

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis