Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Monday, April 14, 2008

The writing on the wall.

.............. Otherwise known as Graffiti!!! (OhMyGosh I'm so witty sometimes!)


This has taken ages to finish as the first zip I bought was far too bright a green - luckily I had had the forethought to buy a shade card at the same time, so it was just a matter of getting around to ordering the new one and waiting for it. It's the first time I've ever put a zip in, and I'm reasonably happy with it. For any other newbie zipputterinners out there, it may be better to choose something a touch sturdier than the DB Merino which I used (which incidentally is beautifully soft, but a bit slippy for first time zippers). Does anyone else think the pockets are way out of line too???? Hopefully that's just the way I've put it on!


I haven't put the zip in the hood yet (as you can see!! ) But needed to take the opportunity of having Mr Noo here to take the photos.
So the boring stuff:
Pattern: Graffiti Hoodie for Artesano Hummingbird (DK)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino DK
Needles: Boyes needlemaster US6
Zips: From Zipperstop

14 comments:

  1. Oohh, thats NICE, lovely colour, and you brave lady putting in a zip. I'm glad you explained the hood though, I was thinking it was an unusual collar ! (trust me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Noo that's LOVELY :-) I love it in the green, it's less busy in just a colour iyswim.

    I am not sure zipputtingin is in my genes - sewing and I have this uneasy truce - I won't sew and sewing won't confuse me ;-) so I am full of admiration for you.

    I was on the same wavelength as you Modelwidow, don't worry lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that is sooo nice and such a good fit on you (snarl, gnash)! And brave you, with the zip. I have put zips in before, but I don't enjoy it - or sewing in general, more like!

    Love the green too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I hit 'publish your comment' twice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! The green is fab and its such a great fit on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks gorgeous! I really like it in the one colour, far more wearable (Stripey cardies just don't do it for me lol)

    And eek!...2 zips???? *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great. I love the colour and it fits so well! Just the thought of putting in a zip makes me come out in a cold sweat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fab! Great colour and it fits really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks lovely, can't wait to see the colour in real life - it looks lush. i too was intrigued by the hood/collar! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Noo!!! That is beautiful!!! What a fantastic fit and a superneat zip :-) Really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh that looks fabulous! I love the colour you knitted it in, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:34 pm

    Well done oo it looks loverly and your zipperputtingin skills are amazing. Great fit and colour too.
    M XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! That looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis