Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Off for a week!

Going to Wales for a week........ and looking at the weather forecast it's going to be fairly typical welsh weather!! :)

We are starting with a weekend in Abersoch for the annual Jazz Festival, which will be great fun. and then we decided to extend that into next week and just mooch around the general area with a tent and an inflatable bed (Well I'm 40 now you know - I can't sleep on the ground!)

So in a minute I'm taking Spot to the kennels. We did think about taking her but if the weather does get hot I worry about her in the car, and she's not the best at drinking. Plus it ties us to places where dogs are allowed.... and it would be nice to have a little "us time" for a week!! - She doesn't seem to mind the kennel, in fact last time I picked her up she didn't even run to me in the office when they brought her out - she ran straight to another man (a stranger) who was eating a biscuit!!! - She's only loyal to the consumer of food!!!!

We've also got all the bits to set up an auto-drinker and a 12kg feeder for the chooks. So, although my neighbour will come in to get the eggs, she can please herself (and avoid the wet weather) as they won't actually need anything as such. So that needs to be done this afternoon.

I have started knitting Tempest, and it's beautiful (Thanks Sarah!) but I don't think I'm going to take it away. I think I'll start some socks instead as they are infinitely more portable. I have a plan to do more express lanes for a friend of mine in Opal rainforest (snake)

So, best get on with it then. Have a great week whatever you're doing, and good luck to all my friends who are running their race for life over the weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Hope you have a lovely week and that you don't miss Spot to much!

    When you're back and settled, pop over to my blog as I've tagged you. Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm trying to pack! i've been putting it off.... have a lovely lovely time and will see you when we're all back. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely week together, and I hope the weather isn't to Welsh!!

    Look forward to seeing the socks when you get back :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great week. Camped on Shell Island (near Harlech), in a monsoon, years ago -hope you have better weather & that Spot has a good holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely week, Noo! I miss Wales (land of my maternal grandfather) - haven't been for ages.

    Sarah's Tempest is gorgeous, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing your version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely time!! I hope you get your Tempest finished soon, looking forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time. We are trying out those legged camping beds this year... I can't even be comfy on an inflatable one, I am fussy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a really gorgeous time and that the weather is kind to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hope you have a wonderful time and really get to chill out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely time Noo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have had a great time! My mum went there as well and I nearly fell over when I saw the sign to say 'Kenny Ball & his Jazzmen'would be in Lacock on the 6th July!! The last time I saw him I was 18!!!! Didn't realise he was still alive.
    Would be interested in the details of the sutomatic feeders and drinkers for your chickens!!!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis