Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Monday, July 28, 2008

How to beat rising fuel costs..

...... Knit a blanket! :)

Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket by Jared Flood
Yarn - New Lanark Donegal Silk and Wool Aran - Colour Swinford (gifted 3 1/2 skeins - thanks Mum! - bought another two to make blanket a bit bigger)
Needles - Boyes Interchangeable size US10.5 (6.5mm)
Mods - Did crochet bind off as didn't have enough yarn to do the knitted one.
Size - Around 4 1/2 ft across widest point.

For some reason mine won't block flat - but then it's a blanket so it's never going to be flat anyway! - Bah who needs the heating eh? :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this blanket and you have made an excellent job of knitting it. It looks lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:01 pm

    it is really lovely, you could try pressing it, that would make it lie flat around the edges.
    M
    XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to cast on the exact blanket for BF so he can sit under it in the winter. I think us knitters are going to be the only warm ones this winter

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks good, so does your new blog template. I was all confused when I looked this morning! (it doesn't take much!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great!!!! Another project I'll get round to one day:-)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis