Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yarn Yard strikes again

My dear friend Piglottie sent me a voucher for the Yarn Yard for my birthday.. and finally I got round to choosing something delicious to spend it on.

 
On the left is 100% superwash Blue Faced Leicester, and on the right 75% wool/25% Bamboo.  I decided that as they were a gift I wanted to try two fibres I hadn't tried before. Also, although the greens mix is very much my normal colour choice - I also wanted something different and special for some lovely socks (or maybe something else) and chose the brighter pink/purple mix - which I have to say is gorgeous.
So, my dear friend, thank you so much for your wonderful gift. I will enjoy knitting them up immensely and in the meantime, I'm just going to hug them for a while! :)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely yarns, and I do like to see Spot at the top there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice of fibres! and i'm so pleased it was PL that sent you the voucher cos at least we know she's ok :D

    The BFL looks very lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous!!! Good to know PL is still online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinky purply one is my favourite, but then I'm a pinky purply person!!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the look of the wool bamboo - what are you going to make with it?

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis