Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Having Hope - Having Faith

 
I've had this yarn for ages - 2 skeins of Bushcraft that I bought in the early days of the Yarn Yard.  When n sold this yarn she donated £1 from every skein to the Everyman Cancer charity, and that is a charity close to my heart in the last couple of years.  After staring at it in my stash for the best part of 2 years, finally the perfect pattern came to light.
Having Hope was designed by Diane Mulholland, and the pattern is being sold in aid of Cancer Research.  (It's also available on ravelry here)  
These have been knitted for a birthday present for a very special friend of mine, and there are a thousand reasons why this has all worked well right now.

9 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous Noo,i'm sure your recipient will be thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely socks Noo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought they looked a bit big for you! ;-) i think i know who they're for - hapy birthday from me. good how things work out sometimes isn't it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like those socks. The pattern is so nice and the colour that you've chosen to make them from compliments them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look gorgeous! The yarn is perfect. I'm sure your friend will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely! I really must pick up those sticks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your socks are beautiful! I particularly like the yarn. I never see colors like that here in the U.S. Do you know of an online source that ships international?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful pair of socks - and a lovely sentiment to them, too.

    ps I think you're very naughty calling yourself 'middle-aged' in your profile. You are a mere youngster, missus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate - welcome to my blog - it's lovely to get new readers. As far as I know the Yarn Yard ships internationally. In fact she definitely does because I have seen the international option for her sock and fibre clubs. The link is on the blog post. Beware though - it is addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis