Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Today I ..........

Patchworked (is patchwork a verb??) and Quilted!!!

 
It was a kit bought a year or so ago from an EBay shop - Material Pleasures.  I haven't really done it total justice, as I have discovered I don't really have the patience for patchworking.!! so there are a few crooked lines. But it'll make a lovely cushion cover, and it's all quilted too so will be extra comfy!
It's funny really, I have no patience issues with knitting, I will knit jumpers and long coats with no problems whatsoever, but once I get a sewing machine out I expect to have a finished object in 2 hours or less!!! Ah well it's good to know these things about ourselves I guess.
  

2 comments:

  1. I too plan to get my sewing machine out today. I have bought some 'fat quarters' to make project bags (rather than buying them on Etsy!) but I suspect I suffer with the same patience issues as you when I sewing machine is involved these days. Many years ago I made clothes for myself (even made my bridesmaids dresses) with an old single dirction electric machine inherited from my Nana, now I have quite a swish number & am building up courage to make a bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats lovely Noo. I find sewing hard, its difficult to get all the straight lines straight!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis