Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, February 01, 2009

We are not made of such stern stuff these days

Following rapidly on from my last post…….. I have again been curtain – twitching and have just seen my neighbour (Yes regular readers the lovely 87 year old lady next door) walking home!   She has a friend to lunch every Sunday, a gentleman who lives around a mile down the road and is also alone. She usually drives him home around 9pm as he has had a stroke and she doesn’t like him to walk home late at night in case he has a fall. Having realised the situation outside I was waiting for a knock on the door asking if I could oblige or keep company…… but oh no…… these senior citizens of ours are made of much sterner stuff. Put on a coat, a hat, and gloves, your sternest walking shoes…..and walk him home!  I can’t believe it!  The lady is amazing! I pray to God that I am a quarter of the lady she is……. and that’s now let alone when I’m her age!

1 comment:

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis