Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

who said motherhood was easy!

Boy what a week………. Without going into too many sordid details (and besides I’ve had to move on emotionally!) we thought the eggs were not viable but were proved wrong smile_sad.  So all the others were promptly put back, and today one has chipped. Seriously it’s day 26, as far as I know the latest any of my Poultry sages has ever heard of is day 25………. I am a wreck!  I also now know that I should dunk the eggs in warm water before giving up on them, and they dance if they are still alive…… well three more are dancing, so in theory they could be still going to hatch.  I’ve counted and re-counted the days on my calendar wondering if I could have been stupid enough to have missed a week (it wouldn’t surprise me I am not the most day/date aware person in the world – apart from the 19th of every month when the tax man needs paying!) but I am definitely right – starting at day 0 (to allow for Ma Hen to warm up the eggs) today is day 26!   I don’t know if they will hatch – I don’t know if the membranes inside the egg will be like shoe leather by now? but I know that my nerves were not made to take this kind of stress!!!  G & T anyone?!

I’ll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Can't wait to see (hopefully) some little Easter chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! How exciting!!
    Well for us it is!!!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for the babies.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis