Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pay Up Steve! (a P/hop Posting!)

Well those that have known me for more than a few years, will know that Ghana is a place that has a special little nook in my heart.  It was the first place in Africa that I visited (due to a boyfriend that lived and worked out there!!) and it ignited a fire in me that only the sights and smells of Africa can douse.

Well MSF-Pete has finally knitted enough of his scarf to get round his neck – and he has achieved this amazing feat of craft-work whilst in Ghana!

The background to the story is here, but basically a knitter called Steve promised $500 to MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières– the knitters charity!!!) when the scarf was long enough to wear!  (There is one expletive in this little audio as the heat of the moment and the over exuberance of the song get to Pete, so please be aware before you play this in front of the kids!)

I reckon Pete deserves a fiver for this accomplishment – don’t you?  (errr that would be the knitting, not the song!)  If you think so too, visit the P/hop site where the background story is and there is a justgiving widget there.  i will also put the widget on my blog soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! Agree with you about Ghana and not just the place... Have never been so warmly welcomed everywhere as I was there. I'd really like to go back.

    Pete

    PS. Thanks for the donation as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Quite a compelling way to boost the coiffers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:50 pm

    Hello !.
    You may , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://yzomotab.angelcities.com/xexemi.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis