Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Monday, April 06, 2009

Updates

Unfortunately whilst 3 of the chicks hatched, none of them survived. It was all very strange and one that we're putting down to experience. Although as it was a "natural" incubation using my silkie as a broody mum, I can't really see that there was much we could have done differently.  One thing I have learnt is that it's a good idea to put some turf under the nest of a broody as it helps with humidity..... so I have a tray of grass seed in the greenhouse now, along with all the veggie seeds!

And so that brings me to the veggie seeds rather nicely!  Most are sown, Tomatoes, Aubergines, Peas, marrow, cucumber, butternut squash, courgette and peppers. A couple are showing already, but mostly they are still thinking about it.

In other news:- Urban Aran is finished but needs sewing up - and I haven't got the enthusiasm for something so thick and heavy at the moment - although knowing England, it'll be freezing over the Easter weekend so I expect I will get it done then.  I have now started crocheting a sweater dress. I've never successfully followed a crochet pattern, but this one is working rather well (famous last words) and having finished the front and most of the back I can confirm that it is, at least, sweater shaped. Which is always a good start.

Blogging will become less now through the summer months, as I spend more free time growing veggies and generally lounging about in the sun. Plus of course our annual jazz pilgrimage, which this year is again in Abersoch.

Take care all, and enjoy the weather.

ShareThis