Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Brave or Stupid?

This is Under the Hoodie  from Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook


It's been finished twice now!! and once again it is going in for surgery! The first time I finished it I thought it was too short, so I cut it above the rib, and knit downwards, 1 inch on the front and 2 inches (1 inch short-rowed to give a shirt tail) on the back. - Lovely I thought!!  NO! when I put it on to wear at the weekend and actually looked at myself properly in the mirror (not something I do often) I decided that the stripe across the middle was too narrow....... So, in we go for open heart surgery!!!!

I've undone a row a the bottom of the stripe - I am hoping that I can knit downwards without it noticing (The jumper was originally knit bottom up) so that I can graft in the darker colour as it will be less likely to notice!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Phew.. good luck!sure it will turn out fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!Wishing you well!! I would just give up and redo the whole thing...maybe! But I think your a better knitter then me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed, it looks scarey!

    http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis