Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My firepit has been restored........ bring on summer


My firepit has been restored ready for the summer!  it was looking pretty rusty so it's been red-oxided inside and out, then covered with heat resistant black paint inside and around the rim, and copper hammerite around the outside.  I'm disappointed with the copper colour (seriously none of the central heating pipes in my house are that colour, this definitely looks more brassy) I'd have liked a more pink/red tone to it, but it's fine and it'll hold a good few sausages! - next year I might re-do it red!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a fire pit before - that is soooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative use of equipment. Happy cooking and keep safe this summer!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis