Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Monday, May 10, 2010

RACE FOR LIFE MESSAGES!

OK, I think  have found a way to record answerphone messages as MP3's. So, if you'd feel easier phoning a message for my Raceforlife playlist then you can either Skype me,  and leave your messages for race for life. I'll try to add a Skype widget to my blog for the next two weeks to make it easier. Although obviously I won't be online otherwise you won't get the answerphone!!!

To quote my previous post (in case you don't know what I'm talking about):-

  • OK everyone it's another year for the race for life. Now as most of you know. as yet I have not managed to run the whole 5k non-stop (although my jogging pace at the moment might as well be walking anyway!) But this year I'm going to ask for your help to get me through.

    Now I don't want to keep asking for sponsorship (although feel free if you have the urge - link in the sidebar there!! ) but I wondered if you would do something else for me? - I will pay £2 for everyone who sends me an MP3 encouragement message of 20 seconds or longer. What I was thinking was that I would make a playlist of all the messages, and some of my fave running tunes for my ipod, and hopefully if I hear those messages from around half way round (when I normally get bored/tired) it'll keep me going. You have plenty of time, my race isn't until June 20th and you can email them to me up until the Friday before for inclusion in my playlist and the £2 donation from me.

    There seems to be plenty of software around to record mp3 voice messages - just google "record mp3 voice" although I haven't tried any yet as I've only just had this brainwave!! If I find out from anyone that any are great or terrible I'll let you all know!! ;)
 Now the only trouble is that I only have the software to save the phone messages for 2 weeks (runs out on 23 May) before I have to pay for it, so if you want to do this by phone please try to do it in that time.  These messages are really just for fun, so feel free to be creative. Join in with friends or family, down the pub, in the garden or anywhere you like..... just remind me why I'm doing it!  If you want to use a PC and normal recording software then there is no rush to do it, The two week limit is only if you want to use the phone.

Just in case everyone should happen to go mad and send me messages - I may have to put a monetary limit on my donation (in the region of £50) - just in case 300 of you send me messages!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thats great Noo! I will ring when I have got over this illy cold that makes me sound awful on the phone!!!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis