Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Monday, July 05, 2010

Sock Blockers!

I have been promising myself a pair of sock blockers for a long, long (long?!) time! - I never have the money - because I spend it on sock yarn!! But then I make my socks and look longingly at how lovely everyone elses look, all properly shaped and photographed on their blockers, whilst mine are all crumpled and don't show their gussets off nicely!

So, Now I have some,....


it's not easy to find sock blockers at the moment - I have no idea why not. But here is where I got mine from:  Whorldropspindle

I have to just tell you that whilst I am typing this, I am watching a female blackbird have a proper wash in our make-shift bird bath/drinker.  We have a big plastic tray that is used for mixing cement on so as not to ruin the garden, and I filled it with water the other day in the hope that Spot would lie in it as she is feeling the heat a bit this year. Unfortunately she has all but ignored it (depsite me standing in it and calling her!), but the birds love it, and often bring the children for their evening baths! - They even wash under their wings! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh lovely sock blockers Noo <3

    I made myself a pair out of old cereal boxes but they aren't half a pretty as yours lol

    As for the birdies, i've done a similar thing with a plant tray thingy. I've put a load of gravel in one half of it and filled it with water and they are loving it... as am i! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fancy dan - I've only got the boring old Fibre Trends blue ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sockblockers are amazing. They make Socks look co nice and shape them perfectly. Yours sure a nice ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sock blockers, love the sheepies on the tops.

    Glad to hear your birds are well trained in the hygiene dept, I do like watching them too especially when the little ones sit on the side and get a shower!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis