Check out my Finished Items on the second page

Friday, May 04, 2012

Missing a party (or 6)

...... a lot of my family are on the Isle of Bute at the annual jazz festival. For numerous reasons I'm not there.  I have (hopefully) chicks hatching on Monday (although in truth I'm not expecting much)  I have a new website which is supposed to be Beta testing from today - although apparently I'm supposed to be able to retrieve the details of where it's held and how to get into it by psychic ability as I haven't heard from my webguy since 2pm when he told me he was uploading it? I'm also being taken away for two nights in a couple of weeks for my birthday (oooooh yes!) and we are going to Dove Holes jazz festival instead anyway. So I shouldn't complain really (and I'm not exactly.....sort of...... much)

But all of that doesn't make me feel a bit like i'm missing a party (oh hell yeah, I AM missing a party - in fact 3 a day and one or two all nighters probably)  So I am planning a weekend of crafting to make up for it. (Assuming I don't  attain the web beta login details by some form of  supernatural/clairvoyant brain surge).  I had ordered yarn to try to make this on the machine, but it hasn't arrived (I left it late, I knew it was unlikely - this is down to me mostly not having known what day it has been for much of the week).  But I am already handknitting Laika as I showed the other day, and I've done the body and 3/4 of one sleeve, so I reckon it's totally possible to finish at least the lace work over the long weekend, 1 1/4 sleeves and a hood, how hard can it be? (in 4 ply!). Especially now I have my yarn bras so don't have to chase 2 balls of yarn all over the place. (Have I told you how flippin' awesome they are? - no?  well that's all you need to know, they're flippin awesome!), or pick dog hair off them (you really don't want to know!)

So that's me for the weekend. A new audible audiobook will be chosen with great care (as much for length as for content as it has to last 3 non working days!), and I will settle in my newtome chair: (which has been cleaned since I got it and took this photo) and I will knit and watch the birds in the garden and cuddle spot and probably put a little TJ Johnson on the Ipod and whilst my family are there jiving away to the real McCoy, I'll be swinging my own little party here.... and loving every minute!

3 comments:

  1. Now, minus your awesome knitting skills, this post raises two points which have brightened my day. 1) You are choosing an audible audiobook - are there any other types of audiobooks? ;) and 2) I'm unsure whether to ask if the 'cuddle spot' is for you and one other, or for the birds! Happy knitting!
    Ellie Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. After my last post that's probably a very fair comment. Audible should of course have a capital as I meant the name of the site not audible as a verb, as should Spot, my beloved..... Who is resisting my cuddle charms at the moment and sitting in the garden in the rain!

      Delete
  2. P.S. I can't talk about the website as it is too exciting for words.
    E.M. x

    ReplyDelete

i love comments on my blog. Thank you for taking the time. ❤️ 😊

ShareThis