Saturday, October 13, 2012

Steptoe's Yard

(I typed Steptoe's YarN then - freudian slip! LOL)

So it's again been busy Chez Noo, so here is a little roundup of what's been happening:


Someone who doesn't have internet access has asked me to sell her jewellery in The Crafters' barn - I have realised I am not very good at the photography bit though ;) - Her items are made from beautiful Swarovski, Murano, Mother of Pearl and freshwater pearl pieces, and I don't think i'm quite showing the quality....... C for effort, could do better!


As ever, I have been knitting, This is the Ivy pattern from Charted Knitting Designs: A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns

 .... which became a Merino Cowl


A new client asked me if I would make her some Cowls from her own Alpaca yarn, which has been spun from her pet Alpacas (she may as well have said she would pay me to eat cake!) - Best Job EVAH!
We got a new shed which is bigger than the old one and will house my new chest freezer,


 While I went out and got a haircut, the new big shed appeared to have a baby made from some of the old small shed - a little "lawnmower lean-to" to help with space inside:


But the garden may never be the same again (2 days later and I'm still finding "bits" in the lawn LOL) For information, the kitchen looks this way if he cooks too!!

I am beginning to wonder how we ever got what we did in the little shed - already filled the big one, and i haven't put the freezer in there yet!

And finally I went to Ally Pally to the Knitting and Stitching show and bought a few little treasures to play with :

A fabric art embroidery kit which I will do one evening:
 Some embroidery threads - because you often think "if only i had".... well now I have ;)
 A bargain storage box, that is full of little beads and sequins:
 Plus 4 balls of regia sock, an embroidery hoop and a multi-coloured quilting thread to try.

So that according to my camera roll is what I have been up to for the past couple of weeks. There have of course been dog walks, both sunny and rainy. And growing chicks, and another broody hen, and housework, book-keeping,  the bare minimum in chores!

*Phew*    T'il soon ♥

p.s. I have turned OFF word verification AGAIN! blogger seems to keep re-instating it despite my intense hatred of it and the fact that i think it's THE most difficult captcha to read.  So do please leave a comment, and if you ever notice it back on again, let me know :D

5 comments:

  1. The bloke who lives in this house is a complete sweetheart (except when he's grumpy). He also seems to be getting on with making dinner a lot (which is brilliant). What is less fabulous is the state of the entire house after the culinary event - today I spotted him brushing breadcrumbs off the bread board and onto the floor. WITH A FLOURISH!

    PS. Love the ivy knittery - and the fact that your shed made a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that comment about the breadcrumbs is just the best

      Delete
  2. You have been busy, love the cowls.
    I laughed out loud at the comment about the kitchen being the same - what is it with men?!
    Nice collection from AP - just realised I have been tidying this morning and put mine all away without taking a piccy, oh well, wasn't as exciting/colourful as yours anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just mine in the kitchen. Why is it they must use EVERY piece of equipment you own?? Clearly it's the same with all tasks.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to see that haberdashery isn't a dead art :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading them. If you want a reply or leave a question please make sure that you have a valid email address linked to your ID, and not a noreply@xxx

ShareThis

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...