Firstly we have made a few pairs of pull on trousers. I got so fed up of seeing Mum in tracksuit trousers. And to be fair, she was always a very elegant dresser and moping about in trackies (whilst there is a good time for them lazing around the home) wasn't doing her self esteem any favours. So we chose a viscose and a reclaimed sari and made two pairs of wide legged, elasticated waist trousers.
The top photo is on my birthday last week when Mum wore the green pair, which are the ones made out of the sari. The paisley style above are a viscose from an Ebay seller. We have two more saris, although one may not be suitable as it seems to crease a lot. And we also have a viscose jersey, but in hindsight that may be better suited to a cowl top or tee shirt or tunic top or some such. Watch this space for what they become.
I should add that I had a little help with the cutting out of the Sari pair:
They didn't have this kind of problem on the Sewing Bee.
Next post I'll tell you about the Craftsy course "Sewing with Knits" and show you my hoodie.
T'il Soon ♥︎